Posted on 6 May 2021
Tank & Operations Associate Wanted
We are looking for a motivated candidate who is an exceptional communicator, is capable of working in a fast paced environment and is able to combine sales experience and operational planning. You need to be confident talking to people on the telephone, self-motivated, enjoy meeting targets and not afraid to do some heavy lifting.
You will answer incoming calls regarding replacing oil tanks and oil tank cleaning, liaise with the installation team and create accurate quotations. You will also act in a support role to the transport planner, work with the sales team to prioritize deliveries and find logistical solutions to delivering our products. The role also involves helping the operations manager with health & safety, stock purchasing and securing the site. There will so be a season requirement for Saturday work including bowser deliveries.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent telephone manner, good attention to detail, whilst also being confident, friendly and happy to work as part of a small team. Qualification including forklift license, OFTEC and CPC are preferred but not essential as training will be given.
- Handling enquiries from customers and providing sales and technical information on oil tanks and gauges
- Meeting sales and logistics KPIs
- Accurate quoting
- Ordering stock
- Processing sales orders in industry software
- Following up on quotes
- Upselling additional services and products
- Routing trucks to ensure bulk fuel deliveries are made on time in a cost efficient way
- Confirmations / invoicing
- Monitoring vehicles throughout the day
- Communicate routing decisions to drivers including all necessary and accurate delivery information and customer expectations.
- Day to day communication with our supply chain ranging from supplier hauliers, service providers and manufacturers.
- To take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems as they arise ensuring appropriate resolution of these and to utilize the learning to plan for future similar scenarios
- Carry out Emergency bowser deliveries
- Some heavy lifting
- General office administration
- Resolution of customer complaints
- And other activities that the company requires.
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment.
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts.
- Confident telephone manner
- Works logically and systematically to solve problems, make decisions and think laterally and flexibly with the ability to manage sustainable change
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly motived with the initiative to work to a high standard in a small close knit team
- Previous experience of working within the oil / construction industry is preferred
- Excellent written communication and numeracy skills
- Proven IT skills using MD Office
- Ability to work accurately meeting tight deadlines
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Being a team player but also being able to work independently to identify opportunities.
- Familiarization with transport compliance and O license regulations preferable.
- Personable nature with a “can do” approach to their work
- A good understanding of how to be assertive and to react appropriately depending on the circumstances
- Motivated by targets
- A drive to be proactive. This role requires forward planning and being able to react and thinking quickly
- Resilience. This is about the ability to stay calm when under pressure and continue to make decisions and solve problems on the go.
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to fit in with a small team
- Good customer service skills
Training will be provided
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 depending on experience.
To apply, please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org