Posted on 31 March 2023
It’s been a year since we became a 100% employee-owned business.
In March 2022, we officially announced that Moorland Fuels became an employee-owned business!
We’ve had an amazing 12 months, here’s a quick overview of some of the things we have achieved and implemented since we formed our Employee Ownership Trust:
- Supported Gas Oil users with the switchover to diesel or an alternative fuel such as renewable diesel.
- Celebrated #EarthDay22 by promoting renewable diesel and carbon offsetting
- Ryan King, Driver received a special recognition award for going the extra mile and for always putting in the effort to excel in his work and deliver an outstanding service to our customers!
- Upgraded our 4×4 fleet with a custom Ford Ranger to meet the needs of our most rural and heard to reach customers.
- Introduced a mental health initiative during #mentalhealthawarenessweek.
- Our MD, Matthew Crockett featured in fuel oil news magazine for a day in the life profile.
- We took part in our first #EODay – a national celebration of employee-owned businesses.
- Signed a three-year deal to transition all company cars to electric by 2024.
- Welcomed new general manager, David Damary-Thompson to our employee-owned business.
- Team attended our first EOA Conference in Liverpool.
- Rewarded our team with their first share of profits since the trust was formed and launched our #weownit campaign.
- Invested in a new renewable diesel tank at our storage facility in Okehampton
Our first year as an EOT has been a brilliant experience and we are all feeling the positives affects. We are continuously growing, adapting, and innovating daily to ensure that we deliver on our vision and in accordance with our values and thrive as a 100% employee-owned business.
We can’t wait to see what the future brings!