Let’s face it, running a household is expensive. We are all looking for ways to manage our finances better and cut costs where we can. We have put together some tips for you to help trim those household bills and avoid the “sticker shock” of large bills.
- Bundle your services – moving your internet, phone and satellite to one provider can save you money on your monthly bill. Shop around for the best deal in your area.
- Cut back on non-essentials – do you really need the extra sports package or caller ID? It may only save you a small amount each month but these little extras all add up over time.
- Pay by direct debit or standing order. Some utility companies offer discounts for paying by direct debit. Even if they don’t by paying a little bit each month, you are spreading the costs out and it enables you to manage your monthly expenses easier. Moorland Fuels offers a standing order service which enables our customer to make a regular payment towards their fuel bills.
- Use your credit card wisely (or for emergencies only) – only put what you can afford on your credit card and pay it off monthly (and on time) – avoiding an interest and late charges.
- Reduce your energy bills – why keep your heating on high when there is no one in the house? You can buy inexpensive programmable thermostats which you can set to reduce the temperature during the times you are out of the house. Turn lights off when you no longer are in the room and turn down your boiler.
- Get your boiler serviced – dirty boilers work inefficiently and can be costing you more to heat your house. There is also the danger of costly breakdowns. A regular service will save you money in the long-run.
- If you have children in nursery, talk to your employer about childcare vouchers.
- Shop smarter – make a list and stick to it. Shopping online also makes it easier to stick to your list, you may have to pay a delivery charge but you avoid any impulse buys. When you make your list, buy food that you know you can use in multiple meals.
If you want to talk to us about a boiler service or our standing order payment plan, please call us on 01837 55700.
About Moorland Fuels
Moorland Fuels was formed more than 15 years ago. The company started by supplying lubricants throughout the South West. Moorland Fuels is still a family-run business. Our reputation has been built by our team of dedicated drivers and staff. We all believe in what we do, and this can be seen in our commitment to excellent service, which gives us the edge over our competitors.
We are a fully independent distributor sourcing heating oil, gas oil and derv at the most competitive price to industry, farming and the home. We run all our own vehicles, both for fuels and lubricants, from our depot in Okehampton, Devon and keep an extensive stock to meet all our customers’ demands. This gives us the flexibility to provide a fast, efficient and professional service to our customers. We also do tank replacements, coal and boiler servicing.
For more information or to place an order, call (01837) 55700.
Released May 17, 2013